Friday, March 21, 2014

THE UNIVERSALITY OF SIN - J. C. O'Hair


 


THE UNIVERSALITY OF SIN
Pastor J. C. O’Hair


In these Scriptures we read of the universality of sin “There in none righteous, no not one. There is none that doeth good, no, not one.” “For there is no difference; For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” This is a part of man’s record of sin in Romans Three.
This is God’s verdict and indictment against all the children of Adam in all of the Scriptures.
“For there is no man that sinneth not.” (I Kings 8:46).
“For there is not a just man upon the earth that doeth good and sinneth not.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20).
“But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin.” (Galatians 3:22).
“For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all.” (Romans 11:32).
“So death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.” (Romans 5:12).
“That every mouth may be stopped, and all the world become guilty before God.” (Romans 3:19).
“If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (I John 1:8).
“If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His Word is not in us.” (I John 1:10).
Sin is measured by the glory of God. All have sinned and come short of that glory. Sin is the transgression of the law. The glory of God was revealed in His holy, just and perfect law. Then God revealed His glory to Isaiah; and even that man of God cried out: “Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts.” Isaiah 6:5. The glory of God was revealed in the face of Jesus Christ, Who was the express image of God’s person and the effulgence of God’s glory. (Hebrews 1:1 and 2 - II Corinthians 4:6). Christ said, “he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father.” “Father, glorify Thou Me with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was.” (John 14:9 - John 17:5).
When Simon Peter caught a glimpse of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, Simon cried out, “depart from me for I am a sinful man, O Lord.” (Luke 5:8). But Christ came into the world to save sinners and He did not depart; but received sinful Peter (I Timothy 1:15 - Luke 15:1 to 3).
When Paul saw the glory of the Lord in the holy law. He cried out “the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.” (Romans 7:14 to 20). “O wretched man that I am; who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” (Romans 7:24). Then the risen Lord revealed to Paul His infinite, matchless, abounding grace, Paul then wrote, “by the grace of God I am what I am;” “Where sin abounded grace did much more (over) abound.” (I Corinthians 15:10 - Romans 5:20).
The Scriptures do not teach that all men have sinned alike but that all men have alike sinned.
“But they that measure themselves by themselves, and compare themselves among themselves are not wise.” (II Corinthians 10:12).
If we would see what sinners we are by nature, let us measure ourselves by the glory of God at Sinai and in the Person of our Lord Jesus Christ. Sin began with the anointed cherub when he said to God, “I will.” Then with Eve and then with Adam, and by Adam sin passed upon all.
But let us praise God for the truth of I Timothy 1:15: “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
Then read the most wonderful news that man ever heard, in II Corinthians 5:21, the truth that the sinless Christ, on the cross, was made sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him; “to bring us unto God.” (I Peter 3:18).
God gave the law that sin might become exceeding sinful. (Romans 7:13). God gave His Son to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. (Hebrews 9:26). “In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace.” (Ephesians 1:7).

 

 


Posted By – Cecil Spivey


 
If you are blessed by this Bible Messages  please E-mail it to your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment